You are invited to the 2019 Parent Conference for parents or carers of a child or young person with a disability on Wednesday 25th Sept 2019, hosted by the Department for Education.
The conference is an opportunity for families to hear inspiring speakers and attend workshops that will build their capacity and knowledge to support their children.
Sessions will cover complex communication, disability funding, senior secondary and transition, autism, interoception, dyslexia, strategies for school success and hearing from the Commissioner for Children and Young People on “listening to children”.
Download the full program here.
When: Wednesday 25th September 2019
- 8:45am to 9:30am – Pre conference session
- 9:45am to 2:15pm – Conference & workshops
- 2:15pm to 3:00pm – Post conference Q&A
Venue: Hilton Adelaide, Victoria Square, Adelaide CBD
Keynote: Recognising and harnessing your child’s different kind of brilliance. Kirsty Russell, Parent, Positive Special Needs Parenting, NSW
- Building capacity and knowledge to support parents
- Listening to experiences: Successful role models