Available for long term loan to students attending Department schools or preschools with significant physical disability or vision impairment.
The range of equipment includes:
- laptop and iPads with specialised software and apps*
- alternative keyboards
- alternative mice and pointing devices
- switches and controllers
- digital pens.
To request equipment long term, sites are required to:
- ensure the requested equipment has been trialled and assessed by the student’s Allied Health professional (AHP)
- in consultation with the AHP, download and complete a Request for Assistive Technology form
- forward all documentation to SERU.
Once equipment is in place, sites can request consultation from the Inclusive Technology Service, regarding its implementation and use and specific requirements for individual students.
Equipment valued under $300 will not be supplied by SERU.
Short term loans are available for registered borrowers to trial and evaluate – search the term ‘communication learning technology’ here.
NOTE: not all apps are available for long term loan requests.